Transferable Skills Course: Data Analysis with R
- Beginn: 17.03.2021 09:30
- Ende: 23.03.2021 13:00
- Vortragende(r): Rick Scavetta
- Ort: online
- Gastgeber: Kirsten Kelleher
- Kontakt: email@example.com
To register for this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course will now take place online. There are two group sessions and one 1:1 session with the trainer:
17th of March, 9.30 - 11.30
19th of March, 9.30 - 11.30
22nd or 23rd of March: 1:1 session (half-hour time slot between 9.00 and 13.00)
week before the first group session you will receive access to the
course material, which you will need to work through before the group
session. This should take about 1-2 hours of your time per day.
Operate R using variables, functions, indexing and packages.
- Import your own data regardless of size or format.
- Perform standard statistical tests on large data-sets.
- Produce plots and highlight specific data-points.
- Begin programming in R using the apply functions.
- Use split-combine-apply strategies for calculations and data manipulation.
- Begin to adopt a bioinformatician’s perspective.