Welcome to the Postdoc Association (PDA) of the MPI for Molecular Genetics
The PDA represents all postdocs at the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics. The association was established in January 2019.
What we want to promote
- Networking and scientific collaboration among the postdocs of the MPIMG and of other institutes in Berlin (MDC, BIMSB, FMP…).
- Long-term and short-term career-related issues.
- Scientific discussion with established researchers.
What we organize
- Monthly meetings with all postdocs of the MPIMG including a short presentation (project, technique, article, technical issue, new scientific idea, …) and a general discussion.
- Workshops and courses covering themes dedicated to boost postdocs’ careers (scientific article writing, grant proposal writing and presentation workshops, leadership course, …).
- Seminars given by late-stage postdocs and young group leaders.
- Yearly PDA retreat.
- Round table discussion about career with established researchers invited to give a talk at our institute.
Regarding inquiries for research positionsPostdoc applicants should directly contact PIs for available positions. Those interested in pursuing a PhD degree are encouraged to refer to the IMPRS website.