Transferable Skills Course: Data Visualization
- Beginn: 01.10.2018
- Ende: 02.10.2018
- Vortragender: Rick Scavetta
- Ort: MPI-MG
- Raum: seminar room 2
- Gastgeber: Kirsten Kelleher
- Kontakt: email@example.com
The Data Visualisation workshop is divided into two distinct parts – principles and applications.
- Use Figures and Tables to effectively tell the story of their research.
- Decide whether text, tables, or plots are most appropriate to convey the message of each result.
- Choose the most appropriate plot type for their data.
- Understand the science of perception and apply design principles to communicate their message clearly.
- Use aesthetics to relate sensory attributes (colour, shape, etc.) to abstractions (enrichment, change-over-time).
- Distinguish between graphics for publication and for data exploration.