Nanocourse: Reverse Engineering of Biological Networks
- Start: Jul 16, 2019
- End: Jul 17, 2019
- Speaker: Martin Vingron, Alena van Bömmel
- Location: MPI-MG
- Room: Seminar room 1
- Host: Kirsten Kelleher
Please register for this course by emailing email@example.com . Places for the practical part are limited.
Large scale gene expression experiments provide information
on relationships among genes, which can be visualized in a gene network.
The task of computing a network from, e.g., expression data is
called "reverse engineering" of a network.
This nanocourse will
- introduce the basic thinking about the problem;
- describe some mathematical methods used;
- present available software tools; and
- allow for hands-on testing of software on prepared example data-sets.
Prerequisites: No fear of computers. Basic math. Basic genomics.