Transferable Skills Course: Data Analysis with R
Statistics with R
- Start: Mar 21, 2023 09:30 AM (Local Time Germany)
- End: Apr 4, 2023 05:30 PM
- Speaker: Rick Scavetta
- Location: online
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enables Life Scientists to Effectively and Rapidly Analyze Their Data Using the R Software Package. This is the second workshop of a three-workshop-cycle on statistics (Statistical Literacy - Data Analysis with R - Data Visualization with R).
To register for this course, please email email@example.com.
This course will take place online. There are three group/study sessions and one 1:1 session with the trainer:
- Start eLearning: 14 March 2023
- 1st Group Session: 21 March 2023, 09.30 – 11.30
- 2nd Group Session: 28 March 2023, 09.30 – 11.30
- Study Session: 30 March 2023, 14.30 – 16.30
- 1:1 Mentoring Session: 4 April 2023, 09.00 – 17.30
Two weeks before the first group session you will receive access to the
course material, which you will need to work through before the group
sessions. This should take about 1-2 hours of your time per day.
ContentOperate R using variables, functions, indexing and packages.
- Import your own data regardless of size or format.
- Perform standard statistical tests on large data-sets.
- Produce plots and highlight specific data-points.
- Begin programming in R using the apply functions.
- Use split-combine-apply strategies for calculations and data manipulation.
- Begin to adopt a bioinformatician’s perspective.
Courses are now structured by modules and run for three to four weeks, giving participants a clearer structure and more time to engage with the material and the instructor. Additionally, courses include a new Study Session module where students can explore real-world case studies.
You can find an extensive description of the course and its prerequisites here.