Transferable Skills Course: Statistical Literacy
- Start: Nov 4, 2020
- End: Nov 6, 2020
- Speaker: Rick Scavetta
- Location: MPI-MG
- Room: seminar room 2
- Host: Kirsten Kelleher
- Contact: email@example.com
Enables Life Scientists to Understand the Purpose and Uses of Classical Statistics as an Integral Part of the Scientific Method
To book this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Good experimental design and sources of bias.
- Systematic versus random error.
- The distinction between samples and populations.
- The most appropriate ways to describe samples.
- Estimation and the principle of hypothesis testing.
- The Standard Error of the Mean and confidence intervals.
- Understanding and reporting uncertainty.
- Power, Type I and type II errors.
- Standard parametric tests and their interpretations, including p-values, test statistics and associated distributions.