Harvard Medical School
25 Shattuck St Boston 2115 USA
- summer 2004: Internship at the EMBL-EBI, Hinxton, UK
- 2002 - 2005: B.Sc. in Bioinformatics at Free University Berlin, Germany
- 2005 - 2007: M.Sc. in Bioinformatics at Free University Berlin, Germany
- 2007-2011: PhD studies at the IMPRS-CBSC supervised by Dr. Ralf Herwig
- March-August 2009: Internship at Prof. Dr. Trey Ideker's lab at the University of California, San Diego
- Submitted August 2011
- More Complete and More Accurate Interactomes for Elucidating the Mechanisms of Complex Diseases
- Identification of disease-relevant molecular interaction pathways
- Mathematical modelling of biochemical systems
- Structure and function of functional RNA molecules
Conferences and Workshops
- International Conference on Systems Biology 2009, Stanford, USA
- Biostatistics Workshop / APO-SYS EU FP7 Project, January 19-22, Berlin, Germany (organizer and lecturer)
- Workshop "Data management", June 2008, Hinxton, UK
- International Conference on Systems Biology 2008, Göteborg, Sweden
- Workshop "Web services in Systems Biology", August 2008, Göteborg, Sweden (lecturer)
Publications from time as IMPRS fellow
- A Kamburov, U Stelzl, H Lehrach, R Herwig (2012)
The ConsensusPathDB interaction database: 2013 update.
Nucleic Acids Res., 41 (D1): D793-800
- A Kamburov, A Grossmann, R Herwig, U Stelzl (2012)
Cluster-based assessment of protein-protein interaction confidence.
BMC Bioinformatics, 13 (1): 262
- A Kamburov, U Stelzl, R Herwig (2012)
IntScore: a web tool for confidence scoring of biological intractions.
Nucleic Acids Res., 40 (Web Server issue): W140-6
- F Dreher, T Kreitler, C Hardt, A Kamburov et al (2012)
DIPSBC - Data Integration Platform for Systems Biology Collaborations.
BMC Bioinformatics, 13 (1): 85
- F Dreher, A Kamburov, R Herwig (2012)
Construction of a pig physical interactome using a sequence homology and a comprehensive reference human interactome.
Evol Bioinform Online., 8: 119-26
- A Hegele*, A Kamburov* et al. (2012)
Dynamic protein-protein interaction wiring of the human spliceosome.
Molecular Cell, 45 (4): 567-80
* shared first authorship
- A Kamburov, R Cavill, TM Ebbels, R Herwig, HC Keun (2011)
Integrated pathway-level analysis of transcriptomics and metabolomics data with IMPaLA.
Bioinformatics, 27 (20): 2917-8
- R Yildirimman et al. (2011)
Human embryonic stem cell derived hepatocyte-like cells as a tool for in vitro hazard assessment of chemical carcinogenicity.
Toxicol Sci., 124 (2): 278-90
- R Cavill, A Kamburov, JK Ellis, TJ Athersuch, MS Blagrove, R Herwig, TM Ebbels, HC Keun (2011)
Consensus-phenotype integration of transcriptomics and metabolomic data implies a role for metabolism in the chemosensitivity of tumour cells.
PLoS Comput Biol., 7 (3): e1001113
- A Kamburov, K Pentchev, H Galicka, C Wierling, H Lehrach, R Herwig (2010)
ConsensusPathDB: toward a more complete picture of cell biology.
Nucleic Acids Res. 39 (Database issue): D712-7
- K Pentchev, K Ono, R Herwig, T Ideker, A Kamburov (2010)
Evidence mining and novelty assessment of protein-protein interactions with the ConsensusPathDB plugin for Cytoscape.
Bioinformatics, 26 (21): 2796-7
- T Ravasi et al.
An atlas of combinatorial transcriptional regulation in mouse and man.
Cell, 140: 744-752
- A Kamburov, C Wierling, H Lehrach, R Herwig (2009)
ConsensusPathDB - a database for integrating human functional interaction networks.
Nucleic Acids Research, 37 (Database issue): D623-D628
- A Kamburov, L Goldovsky, S Freilich, A Kapazoglou, V Kunin, AJ Enright, A Tsaftaris,CA Ouzounis (2007)
Denoising inferred functional association networks obtained by gene fusion analysis.
BMC Genomics, 8: 460
- "ConsensusPathDB - a database for matching pathway annotation in human" (2007)
M.Sc. thesis at the Free University Berlin
- "A Branch-and-Cut Approach to Structural RNA Alignment"
B.Sc. thesis at the Free University Berlin