ETH - Computational Biology Group
Mattenstrasse 26, Zürich 4058, Swizerland
- 2002/03: Year of studies on the Faculty of Architecture, Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw, Poland
- June 2005: M.Sc. in Computer Science, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- March 2006: M.Sc. in Computer Science, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland
- Summer 2006: Internship within the SEQUOIA project, at the Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de Lille (LIFL), France
- October 2006 - October 2010: PhD studies at the IMPRS-CBSC supervised by Prof. Dr. Martin Vingron
- Submitted October 2010
- Modelling Signal Transduction Pathways and Their Transcriptional Response
- Model Expansion Experimental Design: MEED
- Belief-based Gaussian Mixture Modeling: bgmm
- JOint Deregulation Analysis: joda
Publications from time as IMPRS fellow and previous appointments
- E Szczurek, F Markowetz, I Gat-Viks, P Biecek, J Tiuryn, M Vingron (2011)
Deregulation upon DNA damage revealed by joint analysis of context-specific perturbation data.
BMC Bioinformatics, 12 (1): 249
- E Szczurek, P Biecek, J Tiuryn, M Vingron (2010)
Introducing knowledge into differential expression analysis.
J Comput Biol., 17 (8): 953-67
- E Szczurek, I Gat-Viks, J Tiuryn, M Vingron (2009)
Elucidating Regulatory Mechanisms Downstream of a Signaling Pathway Using Informative Experiments.
Molecular Systems Biology, 5: 287
- MA Roytberg, A Gambin, L Noe, S Lasota, E Furletova, E Szczurek, G Kucherov (2009)
On Subset Seeds for Protein Alignment. IEEE/ACM Trans.
Comput. Biology Bioinform. 6 (3): 483-494
- A Gambin, E Szczurek, J Dutkowski, M Bakun, M Dadlez (2009)
Classification of peptide mass fingerprint data by novel no-regret boosting method.
Comput Biol Med., 39 (5): 460-73
- MA Roytberg, A Gambin, L Noe, S Lasota, E Furletova, E Szczurek, G Kucherov (2008)
Efficient Seeding Techniques for Protein Similarity Search.
BIRD 2008: 466-478
- A Gambin, E Szczurek (2007)
International Conference on Adaptive and Natural Computing Algorithms
(ICANNGA 2007), LNCS 4431:422-431
- M Grynberg, Z Li, E Szczurek, A Godzik (2007)
Putative type IV secretion genes in Bacillus anthracis.
Trends Microbiol. 15 (5): 191-195
- HS Nguyen, M Luksza, E Makosa and HJ Komorowski (2005)
An approach to mining data with continuous decision values.
New Trends in Intelligent Information Processing and Web Mining (IIPWM'05),
series Advances in Soft Computing
(Gdansk, Poland, June 13-16 2005), Springer Verlag, pp. 653-662.
- Rule Tuning.
M.Sc. thesis at the Linnaeus Centre for Bioinformatics, Uppsala University, Sweden, 2005
- A game-theoretic view of boosting.
M.Sc. thesis at the Warsaw University, Poland, 2006