- 2003-2008: Diploma in Bioinformatics at Friedrich Schiller University, Jena (Germany)
- 2006: Study Abroad at the University of Queensland, Brisbane (Australia)
- 2007: Taiwan Summer Institute Program at IIR lab, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan (Taiwan)
- 2009-2013: PhD studies at the IMPRS-CBSC supervised by Prof. Dr. Knut Reinert
- Submitted November 2013
- Contributions to Computing and Modeling Multiple Whole-Genome Alignments
- Sequence Analysis
- Genome Comparison
- Algorithm Development
Publications from time as IMPRS fellow
- B Kehr, K Trappe, M Holtgrewe, K Reinert (2014)
Genome alignment with graph data structures: a comparison.
BMC Bioinformatics, 15 (1): 99
- J Hu, B Kehr, K Reinert (2013)
NetCoffee: A fast and accurate global alignment approach to identify functionally conserved proteins in multiple networks.
Bioinformatics, 30 (4): 540-8
- B Kehr, K Reinert, AE Darling (2012)
Hidden breakpoints in genome alignments.
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 7534, Algorithms in Bioinformatics, pp.391-403
- B Kehr, D Weese, K Reinert (2011)
STELLAR: fast and exact local alignments.
BMC Bioinformatics, 12(Suppl 9): S15
- S Böcker, B Kehr, F Rasche (2011)
Determination of glycan structure from tandem mass spectra.
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 8 (4): 976-86
- Structure determination of glycans from tandem mass spectra (2008). Diploma thesis at the Friedrich Schiller University, Jena