Prof. Dr. Christof Schütte - Biocomputing at FU Berlin
- 1991: Diploma in Physics, Universität Paderborn
- 1994: Doctorate, PhD in Mathematics, Freie Universität Berlin
- 1998-1999: Head of Department Numerical Analysis and Modelling, Zuse Institute Berlin
- 1999: Habilitation in Mathematics, Freie Universität Berlin
- 2000 - present: Full Professor, Chair on Scientific Computing / Numerical Mathematics with special emphasis on Biocomputing
- 2013 - present: President of Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin
Christof Schütte is a physicist by education who has done his PhD in mathematics at the Free University of Berlin in 1994.
His research interest focuses on mathematical modelling and efficient algorithms for problems with multiple scales in time,
especially for nonlinear highly oscillatory problem as from Molecular Dynamics. Current projects include long-term behavior
of nonlinear highly oscillatory dynamical systems; statistical modelling and efficient simulation algorithms, and modelling
and efficient algorithms for fast time scales.