Prof. Dr. Frank Noé - Computational Molecular Biology at FU Berlin
- 1999 B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, University of Cooperative Education Stuttgart, Germany.
- 2002 M.Sc. in Computing, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland.
- 2006 Doctorate in Computer Science at the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing and University of Heidelberg, Germany.
- 2006-2007 Postdoctoral fellow in the "Modeling and Simulation in the Biosciences" initiative, Heidelberg, Germany.
- 2007-2013 Group Leader at DFG Research Center Matheon, FU Berlin
- since 2013 Professor for mathematical modeling in the life sciences, FU Berlin
- since 2016 co-appointment (as visiting/adjunct professor) at Rice University Houston, Texas
- Modeling and algorithm development for biophysics and computational biology
- Machine learning with applications to complex dynamical systems
- Deep neural networks, especially representation learning
- Time series analysis using operator inference and kernel methods
- Particle-based reaction-diffusion simulations of whole cells
- Statistical mechanics
- Software development