Prof. Dr. Edda Klipp - Theoretical Biophysics at HU Berlin
Head of the department of Theoretical Biophysics at the Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
(formerly head of the Kinetic Modeling Group at MPI Molecular Genetics).
- 1990 Diploma in Biophysics at Humboldt University Berlin
- 1994 Doctorate in Theoretical Biophysics at Humboldt University Berlin
- 2001 - 2008 Head of the Junior Research Group "Kinetic Modeling" at the Department Vertebrate Genomics,
Max-Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, and Berlin Center for Genome Based Bioinformatics (BCB)
- 2008 - present Professor for Theoretical Biophysics at Humboldt University Berlin
- Mathematical modeling of biochemical reaction networks:
investigation of metabolism, signaling and gene expression using description with differential equations, stochastic approaches.
Property prediction using optimization approaches.
- Reconstruction of networks Systems biology:
integrating different levels of knowledge and theoretical techniques to understanding the performance of biological pathways.