Prof. Dr. Petra Imhof - Computational Biophysics at FU Berlin
- 1998 Diploma Chemistry, Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf
- 2001 Promotion Physical Chemistry, Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf
- 2002-2003 PostDoc MPI for Coal Research Mülheim a.d. Ruhr
- 2003-2008 PostDoc University of Heidelberg
- 2008-2011 Junior group leader, Universität Heidelberg
- since April 2013 W2 Computational Biophysics, Department of Physics, FU Berlin
We are targeting the rational development of biomimetic substitutes for enzymes (catalysts), the design of specific inhibitors and rational protein engineering, using molecular dynamics simulations and combined QM/MM approaches. Current applications are protein-substrate interaction and substrate recognition, exploring enzymatic reaction pathways and enzymatic catalysis as well as photoinduced transformations from conformational transitions to reactions.