The thriving city of Berlin is a hotspot for excellent research with four universities and several Max Planck, Leibniz, Helmholtz and Fraunhofer institutes that attract a world-class scientific community.
The Campus Berlin-Dahlem with the FU, the Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB) and the MPIMG harbors a significant number of groups working at the interface of life sciences (molecular biology, genome research) and formal sciences (mathematics, computer science). The mathematical and computational approaches to study biological questions are manifold, covering mathematics, statistics, and computer science. The unique concentration at FU and MPIMG offers an exceptional opportunity to familiarize students with the breadth of formal methods in computational biology and scientific computing and exposes them to the scope of questions these tools can be applied to.
Life in Berlin
- Official Berlin website - Here you can find information about different aspects of Berlin: Hotels and Hotel Booking, Entertainment and Tickets, Political System and Local Authorities, Business in Berlin
- Visit Berlin - More information about Berlin in various languages
- International guide to Berlin - General information for foreigners about Berlin
- Living in Germany
- Facts about Germany
- Living and working in Germany - A guide for international scientists at Max Planck Institutes
- Berlin public transport (BVG), BVG trip planner
- Zitty event magazine
- Mobile phone accounts
- Accommodation: Immobilienscout24, WG-Gesucht.de, Wohnungsboerse