Prof. Dr. Knut Reinert - Algorithmic Bioinformatics at FU Berlin
- 1994: Diploma in Computer Science at the Max-Planck-Institut for Computer Science Saarbrücken and the
Universität des Saarlandes Saarbrücken,
- 1999: Doctorate, Dr. Ing. (Ph.D.) at the Max-Planck-Institut for Computer Science Saarbrücken,
Graduated with honors at the Universität des Saarlandes Saarbrücken, Germany
- 1999-2002: Computer scientist under the lead of Prof. Dr. Gene Myers in the Informatics Research Group at
Celera Genomics, Rockville, USA.
- 2002 - present: Professor for algorithmic bioinformatics at the Free University of Berlin
- 2014 - present: Max Planck Fellow at Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics
Development of novel algorithms and data structures for problems in the analysis of biomedical mass data. Particular interest are:
- devising mathematical models for analyzing large genomic sequences
- developing algorithms for analyzing data derived from mass spectrometry experiments, for example for detecting differential
expression of proteins between normal and diseased samples.