© D. Ausserhofer, MPIMG
Dr. Ralf Herwig
- Statistical analysis of gene expression and proteomics data
- Modeling and simulation of biological processes
- Data integration techniques
Ralf Herwig did his diploma work in mathematics at the Free University of Berlin on robust non-parametric estimation. After his diploma work he developed statistical methods and algorithms for analysis of high-throughput gene expression data within several projects at the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics and did his PhD at the FU Berlin in mathematics/statistics on clustering algorithms with a special focus on information-theoretic methods. His current research covers statistical methods and their application to gene expression, proteomics and metabolomics data with various biological backgrounds. He is developing tools for data integration and correlation across different experimental platforms. Recently, his research focus goes into the modeling of biological processes such as metabolic pathways and signal transduction pathways.
- E Klipp, R Herwig, A Kowald, C Wierling and H Lehrach (2005)
Systems Biology in Practice.
- E Klipp, W Liebermeister, C Wierling, A Kowald, H Lehrach and R Herwig (2009)
Systems Biology: A Textbook.