Transferable Skills Course: Data Visualization
- Beginning: Oct 19, 2016 09:00
- End: Oct 21, 2016 17:00
- Speaker: Science Craft
- Location: MPI-MG
- Room: Seminar room 3
- Host: Fabian Feutlinske
- Contact: email@example.com
The Data Visualisation workshop is divided into two distinct parts – principles and applications.
To register please use the online form on https://form.jotformeu.com/fabfeu/registration-form.
- Use Figures and Tables to effectively tell the story of their research.
- Decide whether text, tables, or plots are most appropriate to convey the message of each result.
- Choose the most appropriate plot type for their data.
- Understand the science of perception and apply design principles to communicate their message clearly.
- Use aesthetics to relate sensory attributes (colour, shape, etc.) to abstractions (enrichment, change-over-time).
- Distinguish between graphics for publication and for data exploration.