Transferable Skills Course: Data Visualization
- Beginn: 19.10.2016 09:00
- Ende: 21.10.2016 17:00
- Vortragender: Science Craft
- Ort: MPI-MG
- Raum: Seminar room 3
- Gastgeber: Fabian Feutlinske
- Kontakt: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Data Visualisation workshop is divided into two distinct parts – principles and applications.
To register please use the online form on https://form.jotformeu.com/fabfeu/registration-form.
- Use Figures and Tables to effectively tell the story of their research.
- Decide whether text, tables, or plots are most appropriate to convey the message of each result.
- Choose the most appropriate plot type for their data.
- Understand the science of perception and apply design principles to communicate their message clearly.
- Use aesthetics to relate sensory attributes (colour, shape, etc.) to abstractions (enrichment, change-over-time).
- Distinguish between graphics for publication and for data exploration.