Transferable Skills Course: Data Visualization with R
- Start: Apr 28, 2021 09:30
- End: May 4, 2021 13:00
- Speaker: Rick Scavetta
- Location: online
- Host: Kirsten Kelleher
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com to register.
This course will take place online. There are two group sessions and one 1:1 session with the trainer:
28th of April, 9.30 - 11.30
30th of April, 9.30 - 11.30
3rd or 4th of May: 1:1 session (half-hour time slot between 9.00 and 13.00)
One week before the first group session you will receive access to the course material, which you will need to work through before the group session. This should take about 1-2 hours of your time per day.
- Use Figures and Tables to effectively tell the story of their research.
- Decide whether text, tables, or plots are most appropriate to convey the message of each result.
- Choose the most appropriate plot type for their data.
- Understand the science of perception and apply design principles to communicate their message clearly.
- Use aesthetics to relate sensory attributes (color, shape, etc.) to abstractions (enrichment, change-over-time).
- Distinguish between graphics for publication and for data exploration.
- Interactive visualizations if time permits