Transferable Skills Course: Statistical Literacy
- Note date change
- Beginn: 18.11.2020 09:30
- Ende: 23.11.2020 11:30
- Vortragende(r): Rick Scavetta
- Ort: online
- Gastgeber: Kirsten Kelleher
- Kontakt: email@example.com
To book this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This course will now take place online. There are three group sessions:
18th of November, 9.30 - 11.30
20th of November, 9.30 - 11.30
23rd of November, 9.30 - 11.30
One week before the first group session you will receive access to the course material, which you will need to work through before the group session. This should take about 1-2 hours of your time per day.
- Good experimental design and sources of bias.
- Systematic versus random error.
- The distinction between samples and populations.
- The most appropriate ways to describe samples.
- Estimation and the principle of hypothesis testing.
- The Standard Error of the Mean and confidence intervals.
- Understanding and reporting uncertainty.
- Power, Type I and type II errors.
- Standard parametric tests and their interpretations, including p-values, test statistics and associated distributions.