Transferable Skills Course: Statistical Literacy
- Fully booked
- Beginn: 01.12.2021 09:30
- Ende: 06.12.2021 11:30
- Vortragende(r): Rick Scavetta
- Ort: online
- Gastgeber: Kirsten Kelleher
- Kontakt: firstname.lastname@example.org
To book this course, please email email@example.com .
This course will take place online. There are three group sessions:
1st of December, 9.30 - 11.30
3rd of December, 9.30 - 11.30
6th of December, 9.30 - 11.30
One week before the first group session you will receive access to the course material, which you will need to work through before the group session. This should take up to 2 hours of your time per day.
- Good experimental design and sources of bias.
- Systematic versus random error.
- The distinction between samples and populations.
- The most appropriate ways to describe samples.
- Estimation and the principle of hypothesis testing.
- The Standard Error of the Mean and confidence intervals.
- Understanding and reporting uncertainty.
- Power, Type I and type II errors.
- Standard parametric tests and their interpretations, including p-values, test statistics and associated distributions.